How the TRAKSPORTER Works
A turntable with aggressive anti-slip pattern on top and bearings underneath allow the crawler to rotate under the machine being moved. Two steel tracks (compare to a dozer) allow the crawler to push, pull and turn 360 degrees. The track pads are smooth enough and the edges are rounded so the floors do not get marked or scratched. Four sets of tandem roller carriages (two per track) allow the tracks to follow the contour of the concrete and help distribute the weight of the load evenly.
The Hilman Traksporter systems integrate a three point moving system where the front steerable unit is fully powered and operated by remote control. This design offers accuracy, ease of use, and safety.
Helping You Understand the TRAKSPORTER Concept
Why the Traksporter was designed:
- For moving heavy awkward objects in tight areas where it is difficult or impossible to use a forklift or other means.
- To eliminate the need to push or pull the object with a forklift and reposition a forklift to make corners.
- To give the operator complete control of the object being moved so there is no shouting to the forklift operator on the other side of the machine.
- To reduce the need to tie up customer aisles and cost them production time. The crawler and power unit are small enough that they can be put next to the machine being moved.
- To provide smooth continuous power to navigate corners non-stop and with maximum control.
- To reduce the need to transport heavy forklifts and multiple vehicles to the jobsite.
Benefits of the HILMAN TRAKSPORTER
- Designed and patented by a professional rigger.
- Self-contained / self-propelled. No additional equipment required to move the TRAKSPORTER.
- Better use of manpower. To move equipment to site only requires a pick-up truck and a trailer.
- Less effort and faster. No longer the need to bump and push the object with forklifts. Equipment today is becoming more complex and sensitive to moving.
- Customers are impressed with the quickness of the move and with the minimal disruption to their operation.
- Total weight only 1500 lbs.
- Small size. Size of crawler unit 26″ L x 31″ W x 6″H. Power unit measures 65″ L x 30″ W x 44″ H.
You may also click on our Literature Order Form if you would like this information mailed to you.